Baylee Butler is a senior staff attorney in the Chillicothe office. She joined SEOLS in 2015. She represents clients in a wide-variety of civil issues. Baylee’s specific areas of interest include child advocacy, education law, and community engagement. Baylee also serves as the co-chair of the OSLSA Education Law Team and is a member of the Ohio Education Law Taskforce.
Baylee was the 2018 recipient of the SEOLS Leadership Award. She has also served as a panelist for the Legal Services Corporation’s Opioid Task Force Annual Meeting to discuss the impact of the opiate endemic on child and young adults in rural areas.
A native of Ross County, Baylee says, “I am honored to be able to give back to my hometown and the community that made me the person I am today.” She says SEOLS makes a difference for clients’ lives because advocates have “the opportunity to not only represent and provide access to the legal system for our clients, but also to collaborate with community leaders to address the root causes of poverty.”
Bar & Court Admissions
• State of Ohio
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
• Member, Ross County Bar Association
• Member, Ohio State Bar Association
• Wright State University (B.A. in political science, summa cum laude, 2012)
• The Ohio State University John Glenn College of Public Affairs (M.P.P., 2015)
• The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2015)