Charles A. Cohara is a senior staff attorney in the Athens office. He joined SEOLS in 2004. Charles practices in the areas of family, tax, housing, and consumer law.
Charles enjoys being a general practitioner, as it enables him to provide clients with holistic solutions. In the area of consumer law, he has litigated numerous Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumer Sales Practices Act, and Fair Credit Reporting Act cases both at the state and federal levels. He is also the leader of SEOLS’s Consumer Law Team. In family law, he has assisted victims of domestic violence.
Charles enjoys traveling, spending time with his family, and covering high school football for the local newspaper.
Bar & Court Admissions
• State of Ohio
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
• United States Tax Court
• State of Idaho
• Member, Meigs County Bar Association
Volunteer and Community Activities
• Volunteer, Gallia-Meigs Community Action Agency
• Vice President, Southern Ohio Copperheads Baseball Club
• Miami University (B.A., 2000)
• University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2003)
Charles lives in Nelsonville with his wife and child.