Lauren R. Weller is a senior staff attorney in the Portsmouth office. She joined SEOLS in 2005 and handles a variety of civil legal issues for low-income and elderly citizens in Southeast Ohio. She is the team leader of SEOLS’s Family Law team and served as co-chair of the Ohio Family Law Taskforce for the 2016 to 2018 term. Lauren received the SEOLS Leadership Award in 2011 for her work on the Family Law team and her work with the Salvation Army Portsmouth Corps. She also received the Ohio State Bar Foundation District 8’s Community Service Award for Attorneys 40 & Under for 2018-2019.
Bar & Court Admissions
• State of Ohio
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
• Member, Scioto County Bar Association
Volunteer and Community Activities
• Member, Southwest Ohio Regional Prevention Council, 2020 – 2022 term, Adams County Representative.
• Member, The Supreme Court of Ohio Subcommittee on Responding to Child Abuse, Neglect, and Dependency
• Member, Adams County Domestic Violence Task Force
• Member, Adams County Family and Children First Council
• Member, Scioto County Family and Children First Council
• Boy Scouts of America, Registered Volunteer
• Girl Scouts of America, Troop Leader, Wheelersburg, OH
• Wright State University (B.A. in political science, manga cum laude, 2002)
• The University of Toledo College of Law (J.D., 2005)