Lucy Schwallie is the managing attorney of the Athens office. She joined SEOLS in 2017.
Before joining SEOLS, Lucy was a law clerk for Judge Milan D. Smith, Jr., on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and worked for the Oregon School Boards Association, Walla Walla County, and the City of Chicago Inspector General’s Office.
Lucy’s work at SEOLS particularly focuses on helping students and their families advocate within the public school system as well as assisting workers that may be treated unfairly by their employers. She is motivated to help her clients attempt to overcome the systemic barriers that can prevent our low-income community members from thriving.
Bar & Court Admissions
• State of Ohio
• State of Oregon (inactive)
• United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
• Member, Ohio State Bar Association
• Member, Athens County Bar Association
• University of Chicago (B.A. with honors in art history, 2003)
• The University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (J.D., 2006)
Lucy lives in Athens with her husband, two young children, and two sleepy cats.