William Canterberry is the managing attorney of the Newark Office. He joined SEOLS as a staff attorney in 2017.
Bill is dedicated to ensuring equal access to the legal system without regard to a person’s ability to pay. In his litigation work, William has focused on legal issues having to deal with domestic violence and housing issues. He also enjoys his work with various community organizations in the Newark Office’s service area.
Bill enjoys his work at SEOLS because “We help to provide a voice to historically marginalized populations, and to reset the balance of power for these communities.”
Bar & Court Admissions
• State of Ohio
• Ohio State Bar Association
• Co-Author, “US–COOL: How the Appellate Body Misconstrued the National Treatment Principle, Severely Restricting Agency Discretion to Promulgate Mandatory, Pro-Consumer Labeling Rules,” 51 Journal of World Trade 105 (2017).
• Co-Author, Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence, “Civil Remedies for Sexual Violence Advocates.”
• Loyola University Chicago (B.A., cum laude, 2013)
• Case Western Reserve University (J.D., cum laude, 2016)